We all are crazy about chocolates. There would hardly be someone who doesn’t like chocolate. It is not only delicious but also is a rich source of copper which makes hair shiny and beautiful. It is produced from cocoa seeds and classified according to a lot of standards and methods. You will be excited to know these interesting types of chocolates and their effects on your health.
Chocolates can be found everywhere! In ice creams, biscuits, milk or even shampoos for that matter, chocolate is always a favorite flavor. It rejuvenates the mood just by its awesome aroma. Melted chocolate tastes even better. Cold coffee with chocolate sauce is personally my favorite. Drinking chocolate is another popular form.
Some of India’s best chocolates are given below. They are the ones which are loved and consumed all over the country in tremendous quantities!
1. Ferroro Rocher-
Ah, the all-time favorite Ferroro Rocher is of Italian origin and named after its creator. With a whole tasty hazelnut enclosed in wafer layer, the outermost crust of this round chocolate consists of crunchy nuts and milk chocolates. the golden wrapper itself tempts us.
Kitkat is a simple chocolate which is a combination of wafer biscuits and chocolate cream. In India, Nestle Company is the producer of this marvelous chocolate but it is licensed in US under Hershey’s. it is available in gift packs and various sizes.
Snickers is manufactured by a company, Mars, all over the world. Snickers is more like a granola bar which is composed of wonderful ingredients like nougat, caramel, peanuts and chocolate. It is available in different sizes according to your hunger’s requirement. Its demand has increased a lot over the last few years.
It is a Swiss chocolate under the Company Mondelēz International, Inc. Its unique shape and taste gives it an edge over others. Toblerone is produced in Bern and has a mesmerizing pentahedral shape. You can find a lot of flavors and sizes of this chocolate.
Everyone loves this chocolate which comes in a blue wrapper, manufactured by Mars Incorporated. It originated in UK and Canada and slowly became a favorite all over. The modern Bounty offers a milk chocolate crust that encloses delicious coconut filling inside.
6. Dairymilk Silk-
Dairymilk Silk is a Cadbury product, of course. It originated in UK, again, and its fame spread across the world making it the second largest confectionery brand. Various flavors like ‘fruit and nut’, ‘roasted almond’ etc are loved by people.
Produced by Nestle again, Milkybar is a white chocolate and is sold under diverse names in different countries. Milkybar isn’t literally a chocolate as it does not contain cocoa butter.
Coming from Cadbury, Bournville is a well suited brother of Silk. It is the most consumed dark chocolate in India. With its mild bitter taste as its USP, it is classified into flavors according to the various other ingredients used to manufacture them.
Effects on of chocolates on health-
- Chocolates could be great for the circulatory system.
- They may help keep the blood pressure at normal levels and also help the heart in a positive manner.
- Concentrative abilities can be boosted.
- Chocolates are known to reduce cholesterol levels.
- Lowering of body mass index is another add-on which people look up to. We always think about weight management when it comes to eating chocolate.
- Chocolates contain copper which improves hair texture and makes them healthy.
- It is an anti-carcinogenic and contains flavonoids which treat diarrhea.
- Chocolates are also good for brain when taken in limited amount.
- Chocolates are a great gift as well. Be it any occasion, you can always present someone with chocolates. They convey good regards and lighten the mood because of the sweet taste.
- Chocolate has a very bad ingredient called theobromine. It has numerous ill-effects such as heartburn. It cannot be digested and is poisonous by many other animals and particularly for humans, it allows stomach acids to enter the esophagus.
- Chocolates for kidney stone patients are a very bad idea because of their oxalate content.
- Obesity is always a risk when chocolates are taken in large amounts and exercise proportional to these amounts is not practiced. Chocolate contains all calorie rich ingredients such as milk, added fats and sugars etc.
- Osteoporosis i.e. weakening of bones is another con of chocolate in most elderly people.
- Addiction to chocolate has also been a problem for people who get habituated to eating them a lot.
- If consumed without knowing about personal effects, chocolates can cause horrible allergic reactions, especially in children.
- Some cases of lead poisoning have been encountered due to eating some specific chocolates. This is because chocolates may absorb environmental lead in little quantities.
- Tooth decay is another common disadvantage of consuming any sweet thing, even chocolate. Proper care should be taken by cleaning teeth after having chocolates.
Thus, chocolates must be consumed in limited quantities to take the pros on our side as well as to avoid their bad effects on our health. Anything which is used in excess causes harm. Chocolate is undoubtedly the most loved food in the world but it necessary to keep all adverse effects in mind.