Paneer Tikka is a popular tandoori snack which is a simple recipe. Paneer Tikka is a marinated paneer cubes which are arranged on skewerss,which are used for holding food and then baked in an oven.It is considered as one of the best paneer recipes.There are many varieties in paneer tikka to prepare.Mostly,paneer tikka is prepared on a tandoor and hence it can be named as tandoori paneer tikka but it can also be made simply through an oven.
Paneer Tikka Masala is used to make Paneer Tikka which is a spicy dish of onions and garlic.The garlic flavor richens the dish.This dish is originated in India and considered as an popular dish in Middle-east and Europe.This dish is popular for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians as many varieties lies in this recipe as it can always be substituted with chicken and also Chicken Tikka Masala can also be added inspite of normal masala powder while preparing.
Paneer is a dairy product now-a-days become majorly famous due to its elegance in taste.It is a type of cheese of milk curdled from sheep,goats, cows.It has a good quantity of calcium which helps in building strong body and it strengthens the bones,teeth.It also develops insulin resistance syndrome and helps in back pain and joint pains.As it is rich in proteins,it reduces the risk of cancer and also prevents stomach disorders and is mostly useful for elder women.
Recipe of Paneer Tikka:
Paneer Tikka can also be made in a tawa instead of oven.We also can make paneer at home easily which tends to be healthier than which are available in markets.
Method to prepare Paneer
- Boil 2 litres of fresh milk and add vinegar or curd or lemon juice to the milk and stir well and keep it aside.
- After the milk has been curdled,wrap it in a muslin cloth(a thin delicate sheet) and rinse it with fresh water and squeeze the water.
- Now,form it like a ball and place it under a saucepan for nearly 20 minutes.
- Then,paneer of 200 gms is ready and we can use it in all foods.
Ingredients needed for Paneer Tikka-
- 2 green and red cubed capsicums cut into cubes
- 1 onion cut into cubes
- 1/2 cubed tomato
- 1 1/2 cup of paneer cubes
- 1/2 tsp of tandoori masala powder
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup of hung curd or yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp of kasturi methi leaves
- 1 onion sliced for garnishing
- salt to taste
Preparing Paneer Tikka
- Take hung curd or yogurt in a bowl and beat it until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Add all spice powders such as red chilli powder,garam masala,coriander powder,tandoori masala powder and also add ginger-garlic paste,kasturi methi leaves and salt.
- Mix well and prepare a marinade(a mixture where the food is soaked to give flavor).
- Now,add paneer and add the capsicum pieces,onions and stir them so that all ingredients are mixed up and leave it for an hour to marinate them.It can also be covered and placed in a refrigerator.
- Now ,take a toothpick and arrange capsicums red and green,onion,paneer in an order.
- Switch on the stove and heat tawa and put 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil.After mil heating,lightly fry paneer and vegetables over the heat. and cook them until those items turn light brownish in color for 3-4 minutes.
- Now,Paneer Tikka is transferred to a plate and slowly remove the toothpicks by pushing the vegetables into the plate.
- Add 1 -2 tsp of lemon juice over the food and garnish them with sliced onions and serve them.
- Paneer Tikka can also be served as a roll wrapped.The vegetables we arranged in toothpicks can be taken or also kept like it while serving.
- Paneer Tikka can also be grilled in an oven.The marination process should be more than 2 hours.The more it marinates,the flavors gets fused much more that they get even more tasty after preparation.
- You can also use mushrooms,babycorn,cauliflower,tomatoes in this dish.
- For low fat,we can add 1/4 cup of milk.
- We can add gram flour to the marinade such that it prevents from sticking paneer in the pan.
- Also,we need to ensure that the paneer are not overcooked and it is cooked on all sides.
Paneer Tikka is a freshly made spicy Indian dish which can be accompanied with naans,chapati,bread.It is a tasty dish with several variations.It is also served with a gravy known as Paneer Tikka Masala.It has been popular such that even International fast food chains have added this recipe in their menu.Now-a-days,instant making packages are available in markets by different companies.It can be made within less amount of time.But the home made taste can’t compare with any taste which needs to be tasted once in a life time.